Note: If you are just looking for the final solution, skip to the last paragraph.
On my new Windows 7 64-bit installation, I started getting frequent corrupt downloads when files were downloaded via HTTP. First, I thought my download manager (Free Download Manager) was buggy. However, I got corrupt downloads when downloading via Firefox too. I noticed it happening even with third party web installers and even Windows update (with error “WindowsUpdate_80246002” “WindowsUpdate_dt000”). However, downloads via torrent client were fine. So were downloads over SSH Proxy Forwarded tunnel and downloads over HTTPS.
Continue reading [SOLVED] Frequent corrupt HTTP downloads on Windows
While trying to connect Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on Windows 7 64bit PC with Kies installed, the device driver installation failed and it showed “The device cannot start” in Device Manager. While searching for a fix, I found a XDA developer forum post offering a solution for this issue however, the fix didn’t work but thanks to the thread, I finally managed to get it working. I’m sorry but I don’t know how it works and why it works and the procedure involves editing registry so proceed with caution. Having said that, here is what you can do to get it to work.
Continue reading [SOLVED] Failed installing Samsung Mobile MTP Device Error code 10: This device cannot start
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and had to setup M2Crypto required for a Python program that I am writing in Python 2.7 (32-bit). After hours of trying and searching, I finally managed to get it installed and working.
Continue reading [HOWTO] Install M2Crypto for Python 2.7 on Windows
I am just starting with Python 3 on Windows and I wanted to install easy_install and/or pip for installing other available packages easily. However, I found that setuptools setup for Python 3.3.2 (the version I am using) is not available.
Continue reading [HOWTO] Install easy_install and pip in Python 3 (Windows)
I had played a great indie game a few years back. It was called Street Bike Fury from S64 Games. The game is no longer being developed because of death of the developer. I had tried to make this game run earlier but failed. However, I have found a way now and I would like to share that.
Continue reading [HOWTO] Make Street Bike Fury run in Windows 7
When trying to update Windows 7 Ultimate to Service Pack 1 using Windows Update, I got error: 0x800F0A12. I have two hard disks of which one has Fedora 15 and the other has Windows 7, the one with Fedora 15 had Grub installed. I disconnected the other hard disk and tried it again and the issue was resolved. If you have single hard disk with some other OS installed, you may face similar error which is a little more difficult to solve. Before performing this, make sure to back up your important data and have recovery tools handy. Please proceed at your own risk.
Continue reading [SOLVED] Error: 0x800F0A12 while installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Firebug is not officially compatible with Firefox 6 since as of this writing, Firefox 6 is on early alphas. However, forcing compatibility works with it. For that, just install Nightly Tester Tools addon and in Tools>Nightly Tester Tools, check “Force Addon Compatibility” and restart Firefox. Now, you will be able to install and use Firebug.
I am using Netbeans 6.9.1 on Windows 7 with XAMPP 1.7.4 installed. I wanted to enable step debugging for PHP like I do in my PC with Fedora (see here for Netbeans PHP step debugging for Fedora). To do that, I had to follow the following steps:
Continue reading [HOWTO] Setup step debugging PHP in Netbeans on Windows with XAMPP
I am running XAMPP 1.7.4 with PHP 5.3.5 on Windows 7. When using any text related GD library functions such as imagettftext(), I get the following error: Continue reading [SOLVED] Warning: imagettftext() [function.imagettftext]: Invalid font filename in path\to\php\file.php on line NN
I am working on a computer with XAMPP installed on Windows 7. When I upgraded XAMPP to fix the earlier problem with WinMySQLAdmin, a new problem with mysql was introduced. The error log (mysql_error.log) showed the following entry at the end: Continue reading [SOLVED] “[ERROR] Fatal error: Can’t open and lock privilege tables: Incorrect key file for table ‘user’; try to repair it”