Tag Archives: Fedora

[HOWTO] Install SBaGen in Fedora

I am running Fedora 14 32 bit (and now Fedora 15 64 bit for which I have updated the article) and I wanted to install SBaGen for some binaural entertainment. So, here is how I did it:

Download

cd
mkdir sbagen
cd sbagen
wget http://uazu.net/sbagen/sbagen-1.4.4.tgz
tar xzvf sbagen-1.4.4.tgz
cd sbagen-1.4.4

Install dependencies

sudo yum install libmad-devel libvorbis-devel gcc

Run Build Script

For 32 bit:

./mk

For 64 bit:

wget "https://launchpadlibrarian.net/35151187/libvorbisidec_1.0.2+svn16259.orig.tar.gz"
tar xzvf "libvorbisidec_1.0.2+svn16259.orig.tar.gz"
cd "libvorbisidec-1.0.2+svn16259"
./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install
sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libvorbisidec.so.1 /usr/lib64/libvorbisidec.so.1
cd ..
cp /usr/lib64/libvorbisidec.so.1 libs/linux-libvorbisidec.a
cp /usr/lib64/libmad.so libs/linux-libmad.a
./mk

That should build a sbagen executable in the same directory. Run the following to verify:

./sbagen

It should output something like this:

SBaGen – Sequenced Binaural Beat Generator, version 1.4.4
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Jim Peters, http://uazu.net/, all rights
reserved, released under the GNU GPL v2. See file COPYING.

Usage: sbagen [options] seq-file …
sbagen [options] -i tone-specs …
sbagen [options] -p pre-programmed-sequence-specs …

For full usage help, type ‘sbagen -h’. For latest version see
http://uazu.net/sbagen/ or http://sbagen.sf.net/

Now, copy it to /usr/bin/ and thats all.

sudo cp sbagen /usr/bin/

Now, you must be able to run it. Try running an example:

sbagen examples/basics/prog-chakras-1.sbg

If you get something along the lines of:

Can’t open /dev/dsp, errno X

You will need to prefix the command by padsp like this:

padsp sbagen examples/basics/prog-chakras-1.sbg

Hope this helps.

[SOLVED] Selenium server not working in Netbeans 6.9.1

I am using Fedora Core 14 and have installed Selenium Module for PHP. I was not able to run PHPUnit tests on Yii Framework. I tried running Selenium server 1.0.1 and upgrade to 1.0.3 solved the problem.

I downloaded the Selenium Remote Control from here and extract the file selenium-server.jar, renamed it to selenium-server-1.0.1.jar and placed it in /home/myusername/.netbeans/6.9/modules/ext/selenium overwriting the old jar. Then I restarted Netbeans. Now, testing works.

Hope this helps.